- 1 cup dry mixed colored quinoa
- 2 cups chopped broccoli (frozen is okay to use)
- ½ chopped red onion
- ½ chopped red bell pepper
- 3-4 cup baby kale (remove any large stems)
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tbsp mustard (regular or Dijon)
- ½ a lime squeezed
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Prepare your quinoa according to directions on your package.
- While quinoa is cooking, add your chopped broccoli, onion, pepper to a skillet pan (sprayed with non-stick spray first) and let cook on medium to high heat for about 12 minutes stirring frequently. Then, add your kale to the sauté pan with veggies stirring until kale is wilted (about 1-2 minutes).
- Prepare dressing by adding olive oil, onion powder, mustard, lime juice, salt and pepper to a bowl and whisking it together, set aside.
- Once quinoa and veggies are cooked, serve separated, or toss everything in a large mixing bowl and stir in the dressing!
Nutrition Facts: Calories Per Serving: 396; Fat: 25g; Carbohydrates: 37g; Protein: 8 g