- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 1 large sweet potato (roughly 1 pound)
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon garlic salt (depending on desired flavor)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- fresh thyme, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Trim Brussels sprouts by cutting off brown end, pulling off yellow leaves, and cutting large ones in half. Place in large bowl.
- Peel and chop sweet potato into 1-2 inch pieces. Add to Brussels sprouts
- Smash 2 cloves of garlic and add to bowl.
- Pour 1/3 cup olive oil over the vegetables
- Add cumin, garlic salt, salt, and pepper to taste. Stir to coat.
- Line a large sheet pan with foil for easier clean-up
- Drizzle a little olive oil onto the foil and rub all over, or spray really well with nonstick spray
- Pour the veggie mix onto the pan
- Roast at 400 degrees for 40-45 minutes. Veggies are done when they have a brown tint and a fork slides easily into them.
- Place the veggies into a serving bowl and toss with red wine vinegar to taste. Garnish with fresh thyme if desired.
If you plan to reheat this dish, take vegetables
out of the oven after roasting is complete and let cool. Do not add red wine vinegar. Store in sealed container in fridge for up to 2 days. When you are ready to serve them, spread the veggies on a greased pan and roast at 400 for 5-10 minutes, until they are sizzling and hot. Remove and add the red wine vinegar.
Recipe from Pinterest blog.