2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
4 teaspoons olive oil
1 tablespoon snipped fresh thyme
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch wedges
1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
Nonstick cooking spray
4 bone-in chicken thighs, skinned
3 tablespoons snipped dried cranberries
3 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- Preheat oven to 425°F. In a small bowl combine maple syrup, 1 tsp. of the oil, the thyme, ¼ tsp. of the salt, and ¼ tsp. of the pepper. In a large bowl combine sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts. Drizzle with the remaining 1 tbsp. oil and sprinkle with the remaining ¼ tsp. salt and ¼ tsp. pepper; toss to coat.
- Line a 15×10-inch baking pan with foil. Heat the prepared pan in oven 5 minutes. Remove pan from oven and coat with cooking spray. Arrange chicken, meaty sides down, in center of pan. Arrange vegetables around chicken. Roast 15 minutes.
- Turn chicken and vegetables; brush with maple syrup mixture. Roast 15 minutes more or until chicken is done (at least 175°F) and potatoes are tender. Serve topped with pecans and cranberries.
- Serving size: 1 chicken thigh, about 4 sweet potato wedges & about ¾ cup Brussels sprouts
- Per serving: 436 calories; 14 g fat(3 g sat); 9 g fiber; 45 g carbohydrates; 34 g protein; 89 mcg folate; 133 mg cholesterol; 18 g sugars; 15,395 IU vitamin A; 100 mg vitamin C; 109 mg calcium; 4 mg iron; 491 mg sodium; 1,150 mg potassium
- Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (308% daily value), Vitamin C (167% dv), Folate (22% dv), Iron (22% dv)
- Carbohydrate Servings: 3
Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1½ starch, ½ other carb, 3½ lean meat, 1½ fat