- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 3/4 pound ground round beef
- 2 cups no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 (1 1/2-ounce) rolls, split
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion, bell pepper, and ground beef; cook until beef is browned, stirring to crumble.
- Stir in tomato sauce, tomato paste, mustard, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce salt, sugar, oregano, and pepper.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and cook 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon 1/4 cup beef mixture over bottom half of each bun. Cover with top halves.
Nutrition Facts: Calories per serving: 202; Fat: 6.2g; Protein: 10.2g; Carbohydrates: 27g; Sodium: 392mg
Leave a Reply