YIELD: 4 SERVINGS
- 1/2 cup brown rice
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and sliced
- In a large saucepan of 1 cup water, cook rice according to package instructions; set aside.
- Place eggs in a large saucepan and cover with cold water by 1 inch. Bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute. Cover eggs with a tight-fitting lid and remove from heat; set aside for 8-10 minutes. Drain well and let cool before peeling and halving.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in kale until wilted, about 5-6 minutes. Stir in Parmesan.
- Place rice, eggs, kale and avocado into meal prep containers.
NUTRITION: 350 calories per serving; 20 g carbs, 6 g fiber, 2 g sugar; 16 g protein, 24 g fat
Leave a Reply