For the honey mustard:
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp avocado oil or olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- Juice of 1/2 lemon about 2 tbsp
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
For the Salmon:
- 2 lbs salmon filet (skin on or off)
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees or heat a grill to medium heat.
- Begin by whisking honey mustard ingredients: dijon mustard, honey, oil, garlic, lemon juice, paprika, and salt.
- Line a large baking sheet with foil, and coat with cooking spray. Place the salmon in the middle of the foil. Spoon the honey mustard over the salmon, then top with pecans.
- Fold the foil over the top of the salmon so that it is completely covered.
- For the oven, bake for about 15 minutes (depending on the thickness of salmon for anything thicker than 1 inch you will need a few extra minutes). Remove from oven and set to broil. Then carefully peel back the top of the foil (you may have some steam here), and return back to the oven under the broiler for another 2 minutes.
- For the grill, transfer the foil pack to the hot grill. Cook for 13-14 minutes or until salmon is almost cooked through. Carefully open the top of the foil, and continue to cook for another 2-3 minutes or until salmon is cooked through.
- Serve hot!